Thank you for selecting the ExoBeat Mobile App offered by ExoBeat Pty Ltd ACN 614 025 704 referred hereinafter to as "ExoBeat", "we", "our", or "us". The terms "you", "your", and "yours" refer to all users, and/or any user of the App.
Protecting your privacy and keeping your personal information confidential is very important to us. We're bound by the Privacy Act 1988, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Act, when we handle your personal information.
This policy does not apply to any website, product or service of any third-party company even if the ExoBeat application links to (or from) them. ExoBeat Pty Ltd does not operate those websites, products, or services - please always review the privacy practices of a company before deciding whether to provide any information to them.
Information we collect
In general, we collect information in a number of ways, including (i) when a user provides it directly to us via the App or customer support, (ii) when we obtain end-user information through trusted third parties.
Information provided directly may include:
- Public address in any Blockchain;
- Bluetooth connection data;
- Device type, model or manufacturer and serial number;
- Health and fitness information from a connected device (heartbeat, amount of steps, etc);
- Other information, including content of interactions with customer support and contacts through social media channels.
Information obtained from trusted third parties may include:
To pair your device via Bluetooth, you must give the App an access to your location. The App does not use the location data. This access is only needed to maintain the Bluetooth connection when the App is used or in the background.
How We Use your Information
ExoBeat uses your information as follows:
- To operate and maintain the mobile App productivity (such as, overall operating and maintenance, providing customer service, fixing malfunctions, testing our security systems, etc.).
- To provide you with the features, functions and benefits of the App.
- To enhance, improve, add to and further develop the App (such as, creating new features or functions, refining or personalising the user experience, increasing technical performance, etc.).
- And for the other purposes referenced such as, for the purposes of legal compliance.
Sharing and disclosure of your Information
ExoBeat does not sell or rent any personal information to marketers or third parties.
We may share your information with trusted third parties who are integral to the operation of the App as well as any third parties that you have directly authorised to receive your personal Information.
We do not store your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if required by law or we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations.
Protection of information
Although no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant. We also take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we get is protected from misuse, interference and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by use of various methods including access limitation, and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time. Please review this Policy periodically to check for updates. If any changes are material and/or retroactive, we may provide additional notice and/or an opportunity to “opt-in,” as appropriate under the circumstances.